Thursday 5 November 2009

STEREOPHONICS - PENN HELPS JONES REALISE MOVIE DREAM


STEREOPHONICS frontman KELLY JONES is set to add filmmaker to his resume after actor SEAN PENN offered to help him launch a movie career.The Welsh rocker considered a career as a scriptwriter before finding fame with the Dakota hitmakers - and now he's set to realise his moviemaking dreams after impressing Penn with a project he's been developing. Jones says, "I was at L.A. airport when I saw Sean, who I'd once met at a U2 gig in London. So I went up, said hello and told him all about a story I'd come up with called The Drop, about an apprentice hangman in the 1940s, based on a book called The Hangman's Tale which I'd bought the rights to years ago. "Sean gave me his agent's number and that was that. But then, when I walked on to the plane, I realised he'd really been allocated the seat behind me. When we got off he waited for 20 minutes while I got my suitcase from the baggage carousel so I could give him a copy of the story."

No comments:

Post a Comment